As an Affiliate of The Alaska Community Foundation, the Ketchikan Community Foundation’s (KCF) goal is to support projects that enhance the quality of life for Ketchikan area residents, addressing immediate needs while working toward long-term improvements. We are continually listening and learning about what is important to you.
We use proceeds from our growing permanent endowment to award yearly grants to support charitable organizations and programs in the Ketchikan area. Grants support a broad range of community needs on a rotating cycle of three themes: physical and emotional support, youth, and community enrichment. We seek projects that have the potential to impact a broad range of residents and show collaboration with other organizations.
Please feel free to contact any member of the Advisory Board if you have a project you hope we’ll support.
2023 Competitive Grant Cycle opens Monday, January 2
Grant Requests Up to $50,000
The Ketchikan Community Foundation (KCF), an Affiliate of The Alaska Community Foundation (ACF), seeks applications from charitable organizations and programs in Ketchikan. The new “IMPACT GRANT” may support a broad range of community needs, including but not limited to, health and wellness, education, the great outdoors, arts, culture and community development.
The impact grant category is a new cycle designed to support an eligible local nonprofit organization making a LASTING IMPACT in our community! The focus of this grant cycle is impact and long-term sustainability.
All eligible nonprofit organizations in Ketchikan are encouraged to apply. Contact us with general questions and for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: 5:00 PM (AKST) February 20, 2023
Important Notes for Grantees
- Required Online Grant Agreement: If awarded, grantees must complete an online grant agreement.
- Grant Project/Program Timeline: Grant projects/programs must be completed within one year of the award date, unless the Advisory Board approves a timeline extension for your awarded project/program. Extensions must be requested prior to the grant report due date.
- Required Grant Report: A grant report is due within one year of the grant award date. Grant reports are submitted online. All due dates, grant agreements, and grant reports are found within the online grants system.
- Past Grantees: If you are a grantee and have any overdue grant reports for previous grant awards from ACF and/or its Affiliate community foundations, you must complete a final grant report for those previous awards before your organization is eligible to be considered for any current or future grant opportunities from ACF and/or its Affiliate community foundations.
- New Applicants: Before applying for a KCF Grant, please review the 2023 KCF Competitive Grant Guidelines to determine your eligibility before applying.
Please direct general questions to KCF’s local Program Manager, Erin Tillery, at: email@example.com. Please direct eligibility and technical questions about the online grants system to ACF’s Affiliate Program staff at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 907-334-6700.
- 2023 KCF Competitive Grant Guidelines
- KCF Fiscal Sponsor Letter
- Online Grant Application Tutorial
- Online Grant Reporting Tutorial
- Historical Grant Awards
Photo Credit: Ricardo J. Lopez