Ketchikan Community Foundation is now accepting applications for projects that address pandemic-related needs in our community. KCF anticipates to award between $15,000 and $20,000 in grant funds. We encourage all eligible organizations to apply based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Meet basic household needs for food, shelter and other essentials
- Are intended to support and promote public health during the pandemic
- Are designed to benefit vulnerable populations, including but not limited to households with low incomes, individuals with disabilities and elders
- Provide safe and healthy activities for the youth of Ketchikan
- Employ local residents and/or support local businesses
- Involve collaboration between nonprofit organizations, public agencies, tribal organizations and local businesses.
- Support employment, both directly through job protection and creation in the nonprofit sector, and indirectly, for example, by ensuring the availability of childcare for all workers.
Eligible organizations include nonprofits with 501(c)3 tax-exempt status and federally recognized tribal organizations, schools, faith-based organizations, housing authorities and local government agencies. Organizations must be located in Alaska.
Applications must be received no later than August 31th, 2020. Awards will be made by October 15th. KCF will make awards between $1000 and $5000.
Download the application here: KCF Pandemic Response Grant Application
Please complete the application and submit to Ketchikan Community Foundation Program Manager, Katie Chapel at: firstname.lastname@example.org
These grants are made possible thanks to the generous donations of community members into the AK Can Do – Ketchikan campaign.